Who doesn’t want an easy pizza? Especially when you’re gluten free AND vegan?
Simply add your desired toppings (tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, vegan Trader Joe’s shredded mozzarella*, daiya mozzarella shreds*, mushrooms, any other vegetables, tempeh, tempeh bacon, fakin bits, any other desired veggies or spices)
*Despite urban myths, vegan cheese DOES melt.
- Polenta crust: buy a tube of pre-made polenta. Cut into slices. Make mini pizza bites using your toppings above. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 or 375 until cheeze melts. (or make polenta from scratch and roll out into a crust)
- Arepa crust: buy a package of arepas at your grocery store or a bodega. Top per above. Bake in oven or toaster oven until cheeze melts. (these are corn patties a little thicker than tortillas)
- Brown rice tortilla crust: buy a package of Food for Life brown rice tortillas or Trader Joe’s brand (storage note: either freeze or use within 5 days in fridge…you’ve been warned). Top per above. Bake in oven or toaster oven until cheeze melts. (example)
- Corn tortilla crust: Too thin to be a satisfying pizza crust so maybe stack 2 or 3 and follow the drill per above.
- Zucchini crust: either create mini pizza bites (see photo to the right), or cut the zucchini length-wise, scoop out seeds, and make this!