Of all the oatmeal options in the “overnight oats/oatmeal” craze, this is the most amazing concoction I have ever tasted.
- Extremely easy- less than 5-7 min prep time before sticking in the fridge
- Mangoes are a produce item that doesn’t go bad for a long time. You can use half a mango and then use the rest a few days later. You can forget the mango is in your fridge and still use it a week later. A rare convenience with produce.
While I am highly borrowing this recipe from ohmyveggies.com, I’m making some tweaks because the mango is sweet enough to omit sweetener, plus I think it gives almost a buttery flavor, making this recipe as satisfying as an unhealthy, buttery muffin, only crazy healthy!!
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup rolled oats (I now have to use certified gluten-free due to celiac disease, but if you’re not sensitive, regular rolled oats are much cheaper)
- 1/2 mango (use a potato peeler to remove skin, then cut fruit off the pit), cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (I recommend unsweetened to reduce sugar, plus it comes out sweet anyway!)
- Nondairy milk
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
Pour oats, coconut, and chia seeds into resealable container. Pour in enough of your preferred nondairy milk to cover it all (can add more milk the next day if it’s too thick). Throw mango chunks on top. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy the next morning!!