I still have some (no longer) seasonal ingredients so I decided to try these in my new oven!
Recipe adapted from Examiner.com:
Gluten-free Vegan Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins
- 2 cups gluten-free muffin mix or all-purpose flour (e.g., Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 tsp baking powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (optional)
- Spinkles of: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal/6 tablespoons water (“flaxeggs”)
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup melted butter or vegetable oil (I used coconut butter for the first time and it melted and tasted great!)
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 -3/4 cup sweetener. I used 1/4 cup molasses (to make it gingerbread) & 1/4 cup agave. It could have been a bit sweeter so I’d say do the 3/4 cup and use any sugar or natural sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin pans with paper cups.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and water.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients.
- Add all wet ingredients (including flaxeggs) to dry. Stir.
- Wait 5 minutes and then add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Portion out regular or mini muffins into pan 2/3 full. Bake regular muffins for 20-25 minutes or mini muffins for 12-16 minutes.
Tip: Always test muffins 1-2 minutes before the recommended time
Instead of using a toothpick to test, press your finger into the muffin. When it springs back, it’s done. If it leaves an indentation, continue to bake and test in 1-2 minute intervals.