I was so excited to find this recipe during my first venture onto Pinterest!
Here is the full recipe. Below I have simplified it and made it gluten-free.
For the pancakes:
- Bob’s Red Mill Pancake Mix (I used some buckwheat flour too since I was running out of mix)
- Non-dairy milk
- Raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder, or chocolate protein powder) (a few tablespoons)
- A little sweetener (or can top with it after cooking)
- Oil of your choice (1-2 tablespoons)
For the filling:
The original recipe has a delicious frosting recipe that is vegan and can be made easily in a food processor. To save you even more time and money, this morning I simply used non-dairy yogurt.
- Cook the pancake batter, then serve with filling spread between 2 pancakes in little sandwiches.
By the way, this is how the pros do it: